Mac devices are mainly known for their high-security level. Few years back, Apple introduced the M1 chip in its devices that delivers high-end efficiency to users. M1 Macs offer you many benefits, such as smooth performance, long battery life, etc. But like other devices, the M1 Macs are also prone to data loss issues. It is one of the main drawbacks of a MacBook that contains an M1 chip.
Data loss on devices like Mac Air M1 usually occurs when you have mistakenly deleted the essential files or if your MacBook isn’t switching ON properly. If you ever encounter such data loss issues on your M1 Mac device, don’t worry.
Luckily, there are several data recovery methods and tools available online that you can use to get deleted files back. Here, in this article, we will provide you with how to restore Mac Air M1 lost data. Just go with the mentioned methods for data recovery for Mac to get your deleted files back!
What Causes Deletion of Files on Mac Air M1?
Before you learn data recovery methods to restore deleted or lost data from Mac Air M1, it is important to identify the exact cause of such data loss issues. There are several reasons why data loss may occur on your Mac Air M1.
Here are some main reasons for your data loss issues:
- Accidental deletion: You may have accidentally deleted or overwritten files on your device, which cause the deletion of data stored on it. Even reasons like formatting the drive or partition, or improper ejection of an external drive can also result in data loss.
- Hardware failure: If you are facing hardware issues, like problems with the logic board or memory of your Mac, then you may be unable to access all data on it. A failing hard drive or any other storage drive results in loss of data or becomes the main reason why your Mac won’t turn ON.
- Virus or Malware: Though Mac devices are less likely than Windows-based devices to get affected by viruses or Malware, there are still chances for such issues to occur. Adware, spyware, worms, or any other malware can cause data loss on your device.
- System OS corruption: Your Mac may crash or can get corrupted if you fail to successfully complete the macOS update. Such issues can cause the deletion of all the data stored on your Mac devices, including Mac Air M1.
- Other reasons: Some other reasons, like exposure to high humidity, water, and natural disasters, like floods, fires, earthquakes, etc. can cause the deletion of data from your Mac’s drive.
How do I Recover Data on Mac Air M1?
Now that you are familiar with the reasons for the loss of data on your Mac Air M1, it’s time to apply proper methods for data recovery for Mac to get deleted files back. Here are the best Mac data recovery methods that you can try to restore data from a Mac device.
Method 01: Restore M1 Mac Data Using Time Machine Backups
Mac OS provides an in-built Time Machine backup utility that you can use to restore your deleted data. However, it is important to note that the method to recover files from M1 Mac using Time Machine is somehow quite different from other Mac devices.
Here are the following steps to restore Mac Air M1 lost data using the Time Machine backup option:
- First, you need to connect your USB drive on which you have made the Time Machine backup to your M1-powered Mac device.
- Open the Launchpad on your Mac and click the Time Machine icon to open it.
- Now, you can see your Mac’s complete backup and check all the data you have saved. You must also know the original location where your file or folder was located, so you can easily reach it.
- Once you get all the files that you need to recover, select them and click the Restore button.
That’s it! The above steps will help you to restore data from M1 Mac Air using Time Machine. After completion of the recovery process, the selected files will be saved on your Mac’s primary drive. If you fail to restore deleted data on Mac using Time Machine, you can try the professional Mac data recovery software mentioned below.
Method 02: Retrieve Lost Data on Mac Air M1 via Data Recovery Tool
If Time Machine anyhow fails to restore your Mac Air M1 lost data, you can use tools that are designed for data recovery for Mac. Among several Mac data recovery tools available online, we recommend you use Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac. It is the fastest and most secure method to recover your lost data on Mac devices. This tool can even recover your data deleted or lost from a Silicone Mac (including M1 Mac).
Why you should use Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac software to recover M1 Mac:
- Easily recovers deleted files from M1, M2 & T2 chip-enabled Macs.
- Supports recovery of data from multiple types of files, including photos, pictures, videos, documents, and others.
- Supports recovery of data from various storage devices, including HDD, SSD Card, and others in no time.
- The software is 100% safe and secure to download and use.
Now check the step-by-step instructions to recover Mac Air M1 data using this professional Mac data recovery tool:
- First, download and install the Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac tool on your device.
- Now, from the Select What to Recover window, select the file type that you need to recover and click the Next button.
- After that, select the location from where you need to recover your lost data, and click the Scan button.
- Once the scanning process gets completed, select the files that you want back and hit the Recover button.
Quick Ways to Prevent Data Loss on Mac Air M1
If you take good care of your Mac, then it is not easy to encounter issues like data loss. Here’s what you can do from your end to avoid the sudden deletion of data and files on your Mac Air M1 device:
- Regularly scan your device using antivirus software.
- Make sure the version of OS and software programs installed on your device is up to date.
- Avoid overheating your Mac. Also, make sure that your Mac does not produce strange sounds.
- Keep track of the storage drive of your Mac so that it doesn’t run out.
- Create backups of your important files on multiple devices.
Data recovery for Mac Air M1 can be challenging due to the security level of macOS devices but is not impossible. This – blog has covered a few easy-to-implement methods that you can apply to effectively restore your lost files. The aforementioned methods will definitely help you to know how to restore Mac Air M1 lost data. Creating a backup helps a lot with data loss issues.
If you don’t have any backup, you can use tools like Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac as the best alternative to recover lost data on Mac devices. It allows you to scan your device and then bring the lost files immediately.